Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Joys

The last couple of nights we have been out in the neighborhood delivering Christmas treats to our friends. This has involved Chris driving (and sending emails from his black-berry), me frantically putting bows on the bottles and giving Chris directions, the boys carefully (except for Jackson who was swinging the bottles around) carrying bottles of Martinellis up to doors. There was also the usual arguments over who got to do which door. There was also a lot of "fine, I'm not delivering anymore." I was wondering to myself, as I sat in the middle of two boys yelling at each other, whether this was really worth it. About this time, the boys stopped fighting and one of them reached over and gave me a hug. He said, "Mom, thanks for getting all these ready so we can deliver them. It's a great Christmas." I guess somewhere between the arguing, the the bows falling all over the car, and Chris complaining about my directions--A little Christmas spirit worked it's way into our lives.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you brave it. I loved your gift - already gulped it down! Yum. Merry Christmas.

Laurel said...

These are the times that we'll remember, right? Right?! Please, somebody tell me that's right!

Chris said...

OK, I need to clarify a comment I just noticed in Angie's entry. I did not complain about Angie's directions BUT she does have "directional dyslexia". She will point right but mean left and vice versa. I'm the victim here!