Saturday, May 3, 2008

Father's and Sons

This was a special weekend for me. It was the annual Father's and Son's camp out. This is kind-of a big deal because that means I have an evening all to myself. I look forward to this weekend just as much as my boys. So the planning had begun-what were we going to do. My friends and I were planning dinner, a good chick flick and some good girl chat. So Thursday afternoon I started feeling a little sick-I kept telling myself I would not be sick. This was my weekend! Then I convinced myself it was just an upset stomach no big deal (Jackson spent last week home with the stomach flu) I did not have the stomach flu. About 5pm I quickly came to terms that maybe I was a little sick. It kind-of gets a little hazy from there on out. I think my husband took my boys camping. I know my friends called to check on me. I hope I told them I was okay. I know I spent some time sleeping on the bathroom floor (the tile is nice and cool). Next thing I know Chris and the boys are home from camping, my weekend alone is over and I lost 5 pounds. I hope I had a good time.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That is a total bummer

Amy said...

What a sad weekend! At least you were able to be sick when you didn't have to take care of anyone but yourself! Rob managed to go to Fathers and Sons and didn't take his son with him. By the way, I enjoyed your testimony today:)

The Kriloff Klan said...

Dang! I am so sorry! Those weekends are few are far between!

Rosalyn said...

I was sooo happy to see you today. Thank you for stopping by. I miss "SuperMiner"! I am adding you to my list of friends at Pieczynski.blogspot.com.

Stephie said...

Ahhh...a weekend alone...without any kids, or hubby...who cares that you spent most of your time praying to the porcelain god...you did it without anyone pounding on the bathroom door telling you that their baby brother is putting something "brown" in his mouth and that their sister called them stupid...ahhh...to be alone...
Hope you feel better!! :-)

Laurel said...

That is one crappy diet plan. I know you didn't like being sick, but I didn't like it either. I missed you!

The picture in my head of you sleeping on the cool tile bathroom floor is very sad and pathetic. I am so sorry for you!

Anonymous said...

That's awful! Hope you're feeling better now!