Friday, May 30, 2008

The End of an Era

Today was Chris' last day as a lawyer at a law firm. I can't believe it's over. This will be the first weekend in about 9 years that a Blackberry will not be glued to his side. He will be able to sit through a baseball game without having to send an email. He will be able to make it all 3 hours of church without having to be on a conference call. He will be home at 5:30 every night (maybe). I will have to start cooking dinner. I will have to clean the house earlier in the day. I will not be able to sit on the couch all night reading. He will be able to help the boys with homework. We will get to spend time together. Besides the cooking dinner part I am really excited to see what a 9-5 job is like. I am really happy that he will be able to work a little less. He works so hard it makes me feel like a slacker. I am proud of him and all that he has accomplished in the 14 1/2 yrs we have been married. He is a great guy!!!

6 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that is great! I didnt know he was leaving...what is he doing now? that will be SO nice to have him home to help out more!

Stephie said...

Jim is envious!! Good luck!!

Pam said...

Working all those crazy hours must've made manning at the Sounds Easy Video counter seem like a vacation. A handful of times during my strict "must be home at least 6 hours a day" policy while in DC, I had dreams of still working there. A total breeze compared to living and dying by the Blackberry, reporters, and Congress. Congratulations!!! I know you'll be amazing at your new job because you are fantastic.

P.S. Angie: have you ever read 'Bel Canto'? I couldn't put it down!

Elisha said...

What a wonderful day for you! It's hard when the hubby is NEVER home! What are his plans now?

Laurel said...

Worlds are colliding! Actually, you are going to love it. Even the dinner part. dinners are much better when daddy is involved.

Amy said...

Congratulations! I envy the missing blackberry from Chris' constant possession. Who invented those things anyway???