Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Little Obsessed

I have become a little obsessed with canning. About a month ago I went a little overboard canning peaches and pears. I bottled 36 quarts of pears and 36 quarts of peaches-no one in my family likes peaches. Last week I canned apples. This was the first time I have ever worked with apples. I ended up bottling 24 quarts of apples and 24 pints of applesauce. It was a lot of work-but it ended up being a lot of fun because I did it with a good friend. Chris is now worried that I am going to fill every closet with fruit.

6 comments:

Kyle said...

If you are looking for more closets to store all your jars...I have some available :)

Laurel said...

That was a lot of fruit. And it is amazing how those little, neat jars can make such a big, giant mess!

qponqwn said...

Don't they look beautiful? Did you do apple pie filling? MMM that's my favorite!

Pam said...

Now that I have tried canning I can appreciate how much work that was! Amazing! If there is some sort of fruit shortage in the future I am coming to your house to beg. I'll trade you for beans or rice if you want because I have lots of that.

Stephie said...

Things seem to be a bit fruity at your house!! :-) Of course I meant the canned fruit, not Chris in a kilt...

Rosalyn said...

I think you should get a new hobby. Maybe you should try volunteering in a classroom at school?? We miss Super Miner!