Monday, March 31, 2008

The Greatest Time of My Life

A little over 15 years ago I came home from the most amazing 18 months of my life. For 18 months I was able to talk 24/7 about the Savior and how he has changed my life. It was amazing to see the change that came over people as they chose to accept him. It didn't hurt that I got to do this in England (my favorite country besides the US).

This is me and Sister Smith knocking on doors.

This week I received a letter from someone I taught on my mission. I haven't spoken to her in 15 years but what sweet memories I have of that time. She was one of the last people that I saw baptized as a missionary. I am so grateful for those experiences and how it has helped make me the person that I am. It will always be remembered as one of the greatest times of my life.
Margaret's baptism


Sorry about the sappy post, but I feeling a little nostalgic.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

That is so sweet..and I will have you know that you were a great example to my Primary class yesterday. The lesson was on Missionary work and one of the girls said that girls couldn't serve missions and before I could say anything Christopher said "thats not true because my Mom went on a mission!"

Jenn said...

How Cute are you as a missionary!! You're such a great example.

Stephie said...

Nostalgia is good. :-) England is one of my favorite places also!! It does take a lot of courage to leave all that you know and go to a "foreign land" to preach the gospel. Kudos to you (and Chris too!) :-)

Love you,
Steph

Laurel said...

That is not sappy, that is awesome!!! And can I tell you how excited I was to see your very stylish hat in the missionary photo!?! Sister, you get three snaps and a Z for that one! I love hats. I think hats need to come back in a major way.

Anonymous said...

Angie, I didn't know you served a mission! How awesome, and who better to raise future missionaries!