Monday, November 12, 2007

Our Trip to Scotland







A couple of months ago, Chris and I went on our first vacation without boys. We flew into Manchester, England and drove up to Scotland. We spent 8 amazing days exploring castles, driving all over Scotland, and having interesting discussions about food. I really did love Scotland, but I have to say that my heart belongs in England.


We visited a village where Chris' ancestors came from, Loch Ness, the Highlands, Culloden, Stirling and Edinburgh. On our last day in England I got to visit Old Trafford- the stadium where Manchester United plays.

I was very excited until we realized that they were locking the doors as were trying to start shopping. I think I actually started crying.

We had a great time together and it made us realize that the two of us need to take more vacations.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Angie! I am so excited you joined the blogging world!!!! YEAH!
I love the pictures from Scotland.

Laurel said...

But, but, you left out some of my favorite details. Like when Chris almost killed you because of his bad American driving. Or...well, I guess I'll stop there. :0)

I want to go to England!

Chris said...

Please, she's fine. A little adrenaline surge is good for the heart!

Laurel said...

Right! After all you're doing what you can to keep her well, healthy, and DEAD!

Stephie said...

I need to hear more of "stories from Scotland..." Luckily, Angie's heart seems to have lasted this long!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to have stumbled onto your blog! I've read a series, called "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon....all about the Scottish Highlanders, Colloden War ect.... would LOVE to see the castles and go there! Lucky for you!