Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"It was good. I hated it."


These words escaped Angie's lips after we saw the movie "Dan in Real Life". Angie can't stand dramatic tension, such as when a character is about to bumble through something important or get caught doing he shouldn't, like kissing his brother's ex-girlfriend. Hence her ambiguity regarding Dan in Real Life. She squirmed in her seat and kept asking if we could leave during the scenes involving the proverbial dropping of the other shoe, but she soldiered on and took one for the team by finishing the movie. George Bush would say she didn't let the terrorists win, but I just enjoyed seeing her sweat it out.
-Chris

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the tension! I thought this movie was so cute. Glad you stuck it out Angie, for Chris' sake - he always did like a good chick flick!

Laurel said...

Oh...Melissa's got you figured out Chris! I love the line "It was good. I hated it." So appropriate for so many things that I think I will be using it a lot with great joy.

Angie and Thomas just don't know art when they see I guess.