Monday, March 30, 2009

Angie is in England!!

Angie is touring around England this week with some friends and I am attempting to manage the boys by myself. If you are a wife and giggling at the thought of your husband trying to do it all you may be on to something.

I am beginning to suspect that there is a lot more that goes on at home than I am aware of. Apparently there is no a meal fairy that cooks meals, or dishwasher fairy that emptys the dishwasher or homework fairy that tutors the boys through their homework. I think Angie may do some of that stuff!?!?!?

Little things have already stopped working right. Angie was gone less than one hour when I looked up at church and noticed our oldest passing the sacrament with white ankle socks underneath his suit pants. Clearly something that someone (Angie) would have noticed and fixed under normal circumstances!

This morning was our first school morning on our own. I had to make executive decisions about after school activities (yes), book reports (next week when your mother is back) and whether or not batting practice in the backyard could take the place of piano practice this week (yes again--sorry Angie!).

Luckily for me, I have low expectations of myself this week. I will consider the week a success if we can make it through the week with the boys wearing clean clothes to school every day and without starving one of the pets (goldfish or Shaggy the dog). I am going to give myself bonus points for anything else that gets done such as laundry, boys making it to scouts on time, boys playing less than 2 hours of Guitar Hero per day or us eating out no more than once per day.

So if you see my boys wearing the same clothes this week, you will know I have failed miserably and there is a good chance that one or more pets at our house needs to be replaced.

Thank you in advance for your prayers!!

-Chris

3 comments:

Christie said...

Hee, hee! Good luck... Those are some pretty high standards. In our home, we try to hold ourselves to similar standards. We try really hard to stay in clean clothes (although I do admit to sometimes pulling jeans out of the dirty laundry, spotting them with a washcloth, and ironing them really quick to make my sons think they just came out of the dryer), and we usually have home-cooked meals (although Dominos online ordering is on my "favorites" list), and thankfully, our goldfish is going on 3 years old. But I'd bet your wife will be happy just knowing that everyone is loved and kept alive while she's gone. I'm sure you'll do great!
ps, just a suggestion - bat away from the windows...

Anonymous said...

Chris, I was sitting here laughing, loudly! My husband asked what was so funny,and I read him your post....haha! He looked at me and said, "I could do that" then he walked into the other room and within seconds I heard him yell, "Where are my black pants?" Pretty funny stuff.....oh she is a lucky woman to have escaped for a brief adventure! Hum, next time ask her to take me too !!!!

Melissa said...

Ha ha! Too funny.