Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Family Search Indexing

Everyone knows that I am a genealogy nut. I love working on family lines and solving problems. I have recently started a new project that has been equally enjoyable. I have started indexing for the church in their familysearch program. It is sooooo easy. You do not have to know anything about genealogy at all. You have to have access to the Internet and have about 30 minutes to spare. They train you- they tell you exactly what to do. The church is extracting records from lots of different sources and they need help putting them in a searchable database. I have been indexing from the 1900 Federal Census. I just wanted to give this a little plug in case someone has some spare time and wanted to work on Family history. If you're interested here is the link: http://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/index.jsp

Just take the tutorial- they teach you everything you need to know.

Happy indexing!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

You are making it very tempting. I'm not marking my words or anything, at least not yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Melissa said...

I have wanted to do that... maybe I will stop being a chicken and give it a shot.

Ruth said...

That is awesome!! Andrew has do something like that for his Duty to God. I think he is better at the computer than me. I will do it with him. Thanks!!!